Friday, July 18, 2014

Review & Promo: The Pack or the Panther (Tales of the Harker Pack #1) by Tara Lain

Blurb: 
Cole Harker, son of an alpha werewolf, is bigger and more powerful than most wolves, tongue-tied in groups, and gay. For twenty-four years, he's lived to please his family and pack- even letting them promise him in marriage to female werewolf Analiese to secure a pack alliance and help save them from a powerful gangster who wants their land. Then Cole meets Analiese's half-brother, panther shifter Paris Marketo, and for the first time, Cole wants something for himself.

When Analiese runs off to marry a human, Cole finally has a chance with Paris, but the solitary cat rejects him, the pack and everything it represents. Then Cole discovers the gangster wants Paris too and won't rest until he has him. What started as a land dispute turns into World War Wolf! But the bigger fight is the battle between cats and dogs.

Now Available in Audio book!!


This fantastic shifter story from the amazing Tara Lain is now out in Audio for your listening pleasure! You can buy it from Audible! 


My Thoughts: 

It is no surprise that I loved this one! I mean sexy M/M loving and shifters, what's not to love? Tara has a way of writing that just sucks me into the story every single time and I can't get enough.

Cole is a total Alpha with the exception that he has issues with group settings. He definitely gets tongue-tied and tends to fumble when put on the spot. But physically he is all luscious man! Cole always puts the family and pack over his own wants and needs he has agreed to marry a female even though he is most definitely a gay man. When he meets Paris the sparks fly and Cole constantly has to remind himself that it can not happen.

Paris is not all wolf, he is a half breed. Part wolf and part panther he tends to relate more to his panther side, oh but he does have a most surprising secret. (No I am not going to tell and spoil the excitement.) Paris comes off like most cats... selfish and all about himself, completely disregarding anyone else's feelings. It made me question him several times through the book.

"I rescued you because I fucking cared if you lived or died. Because I didn't want to live if you weren't alive. You married me to wipe out that debt." He snarled across his teeth. "We'll never be even."

Tara Lain could've just ripped my heart out with this line, I had to put my kindle down and run for the tissues.

Rating: 5 Stars

Buy it Now:

Dreamspinner Press

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)