Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: Hold my Hand by Paloma Beck

Goodreads Summary:

A book about Aubrey and William. They are navigating through a relationship that may have too many hurdles... or perhaps not, as long as she can hold his hand.

Aubrey has been hurt in the past, discouraged and degraded. Still, William sees something in her that won't allow him to walk away. Instantly drawn to her but intuitive enough to take it slowly, he courts her. Then he bargains, persuades and seduces until Aubrey becomes ensnared by his commanding nature. Despite the fight she puts up in accepting William's lifestyle, the bonds he places on Aubrey give her a freedom she desperately needs. And together, they heal old wounds and find their perfect love.

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this book. It pulled me in from the beginning and kept my attention. I really liked William but had a little trouble connecting to Aubrey. That is just me though, she is struggling with the "relationship" and doesn't know how to feel. This is primarily because of her religion and the way she was raised. I just wanted her to sieze the day and embrace the new world that William was opening up to her. It took her till the end but she finally opened her eyes. Normally I do not enjoy religion in my fiction however in this case it worked. It helped explain where Aubrey was coming from and why she reacts the way she does to certain things.

Paloma Beck does not disappoint her readers. She has truely become a favorite author of mine and I can not wait to read more of her work.

I very highly recommend Paloma's work to any reader that loves their books spicy!

Overall Rating: 4*

Buy it from Amazon and Add it to Goodreads.

Find Paloma on Goodreads and her Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)