Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review Rewind (#1) Conquest (Conquest #1) by S.J Frost

Review Rewind (#1):

Hi everybody! I have decided to do a series of posts involving reviews of some of my favorite books, that I read before starting this blog. I am going to start out with the Conquest series by S.J Frost because it popped my M/M cherry and because I absolutely love the stories!  I am about half-way through the series now and want you to be caught up before I post reviews for the later books in the series.

Goodreads Summary:

Vocally gifted singer, Jesse Alexander, has dreams of taking his band, Conquest, to the top. Evan Arden was thought of as a musical genius when at the height of his career he vanished from the spotlight. Together, their relationship is just as intense as their music careers. With success pushing down on them, Jesse must decide between his life of music, or his life with Evan.

My Thoughts:

Let me start by saying that this is the first m/m romance I have ever read but I was completely blown away. Jesse and Evan have such an instant connection and passionate romance that I was hooked right away. There were a few times I laughed and quite a few times I cried. Conquest is such a touching story I just can't even do it justice. Please have an open mind and read this book. You will not regret it! I would highly recommend it. I am looking forward to starting book 2 "No Fear" right away.

Since I wrote this review in September of last year I have read Conquest three more times and I love the story, (as well as Jesse and Evan) more and more each time. It is such a fantastic Romance that I think even people that are not fans of the M/M genre will enjoy it. For those of you that have never tried a M/M romance this is a perfect book for first timers.

*Thanks again JoJo for the initial loan and recommendation!*

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!

Author and Book links:

S.J Frost on Goodreads

S.J Frost's Website

Conquest on Goodreads

Conquest on Barnes & Noble



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)