Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: Black Heart Down (Conquest #5) by S.J Frost


Goodreads Summary:

For Robbie Russo, only one man has ever owned his heart, Kyler Christenson. The years at each other’s sides never diminished his love for him, but with the rise to fame in their rock band, Black Heart Down, more than a few challenges hindered their relationship. Now, he’s reached a crossroads, either he’ll have all of Kyler, or he’ll walk away from everything they’ve built together.

Kyler may be fearless on stage, but if there’s one thing to send his heart crashing down, it’s losing Robbie. When Robbie delivers his ultimatum, Kyler’s willing to do what it takes for things to work. But change doesn’t happen quickly, and when he makes a terrible mistake, all their history together might not be enough to save their future.

My Thoughts:

This is the fifth book in the Conquest series by S.J Frost and I loved it!  No surprise there. I have loved each and every one of the books in this series. I wasn't a big fan of Kyler in the previous books, but that was because we readers had only been given a small glimpse into the complex man Ky really is. There are so many reasons why Kyler is the way that he is and hearing his story made my heart hurt.

Robbie is an amazing man that made a really bad decision. Together Robbie and Kyler make a magical pair and I am so glad that I finally got to their story.

Also, it was awesome to see Jesse and Evan again, as well as the other members of Conquest. While they made an appearance they didn't overshadow the main characters and their story.

S.J Frost has become one of my favorite authors. She is a phenominal story teller that writes with so much emotion, that you can't help but feel apart of the story. I can not recommend her work enough.
If you read nothing else this year you absolutely must try the Conquest series!

Overall Ratings: 5 out of 5*!

Black Heart Down on Goodreads, Barnes & Noble and

S.J Frost's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)